(see more photos at bottom of post)
Did you subscribe to my YouTube Channel Yet?
Hi yarn friend! Before I introduce this cool new free pattern, I would like to ask a quick favor. It will only take about 5-10 seconds of your time. Here it is:
If you haven’t already, would you consider subscribing to my YouTube channel by clicking here. Just click the Subscribe Button and click the Notify Bell next to it. That’s it! This will alert you of new videos even before they are officially released here. Also, it will help me to keep bringing you free patterns every week. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Today’s the Day to Learn Easy Tunisian Crochet!
Calling all Beginner and Advanced crocheters! Everyone can learn something from this pattern!
Introducing “The Radius Shawl”- This is a Template Pattern that serves as a foundation for different designs by varying different elements. In this pattern you will learn:
- NEW way to make shawls. – (really!)
- Tunisian Crochet Simple Stitch – complete video step by step instruction.
- Short Rows in Tunisian Crochet – so easy you’ll be shocked!
With this template pattern, you could choose to make:
- a semi-circle shawl.
- a circle shawl.
- a scarf.
- a poncho.
You can also vary:
- The color striping by adjusting the short row length.
- The stitch combinations to make this into a Lace Shawl.
All is explained in great detail in the video. (See video below)
Keep It Simple and Follow Along
There are many options.
But if you don’t want options, that’s fine too. Just follow my instructions and you can make a shawl just like the one seen in the pictures here and this video. (embedded video below – scroll down)
A 1 Week Shawl!! Really!
Shawls can take a while to make, but if you make the same size that I made, this shawl will be completed in under a week.
Part 8 of Magical Mystery Tour CAL
This is the 8th project in the “Crochet Magical Mystery Tour” which is a yearlong adventure in crochet where you will get:
- A Free Pattern and Tutorial each week featuring a new stitches and techniques.
- Opportunity to enter Giveaways when you share your finished pictures online.
- Recognition on my website, Instagram and Facebook (if you choose).
Also Join at YouTube by subscribing: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Choose one of these yarns below or choose any color striping yarn you desire and any hook size.
- Lion Brand “Ferris Wheel” – “Evergreen” – 2 cakes to make the size in the video. You’ll need more for a larger shawl. ** (used 8.0mm hook)
- Other Yarn Suggestions
- Lion Brand Scarfie **
- Red Heart Super Saver Stripes **
- Red Heart Super Saver Ombre **
- Lion Brand Shawl in a Cake **
- Or ANY Self Striping Yarn and Hook of your choice
- Tunisian Crochet hook. 8.0 mm (L) by Denise. **
- Or any hook size that goes with your yarn. Choose a size 2-3 sizes up from the yarn recommendation.
- Scissors **
- Yarn needle I used: Susan Bates Finishing Needles (Easiest to use) **
- Measuring tape **
**affiliate links pay me a small commission if you purchase. Does not affect the price you pay.
Difficulty Level Beginner friendly.
Watch the Video here (or below)
Be sure to Like the video & Subscribe to my channel.
Also Click the Notify Bell to:
- Be Alerted of new videos
- Help Support my free offerings. Thank you so much!
Please Support My Free Work
By subscribing to my YouTube channel (Click here), this will help me to keep offering free patterns, tutorials and more to YOU! Be the first to know when new Pattern Tutorial are available by clicking the Notify Bell next to the Subscribe button. Thank you so much!!
If you liked this pattern, please share this far and wide with your friends! I’d love to have as many people as possible join our Crochet Magical Mystery Tour. If you haven’t already, check it out and sign up for the weekly alert of each free pattern. This is a yearlong adventure with a free pattern and new stitches each week. Free to Join Anytime!
Also Please let me know what you think! You can contact me many ways. See links below! Or leave a comment here. Thx!
Magical Mystery Tour Sign Up – (FREE!!) http://www.lightandjoydesigns.com/magical-mystery-tour/
My Free VIP Newsletter: http://www.lightandjoydesigns.com/subscribe-2/
My Designs on Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/designers/light-and-joy-designs
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LETSHAVEFUNCROCHET
BEGINNERS: Want more practice learning Tunisian Simple Stitch? Check out this 10 minute project that only requires a Regular crochet hook. Try it out today! Scroll Down for the video here.