Today I’m reviewing the brand new yarn from Premier Yarns called “Candy Shop” yarn.
In the video below you also get to see the “Desert Winds Scarf” crochet pattern which is free. (Links below). The one I made (above picture) is in the colorway “Bubble Gum.”
Here are the “Candy Shop” yarn specs:
- 100% acrylic -5oz (140g) (very soft)
- “self-striping yarn with a twist! Two strands of soft acrylic are dyed separately, in 3 coordinating colors. When these strands are plied together, you get a beautiful yarn that shifts from solid to marbled in ever changing combinations.”
- 260yd -Medium weight
- #4 -4″=18 stitches on size 8 needles –
- Suggested crochet hook: I9 (I used 6.00mm J hook)
- Machine wash and dry
Review of Candy Shop Yarn
I review this yarn in the video below and show 3 different colorways
- Bubble Gum (white/peach/light and medium oranges)
- Nerds ( Purplish Navy/ light and medium blues/light pink)
- Jelly Bean (Light Blue/White/Light Green)
Bottom line. I really like this yarn. It is very soft. It feels so cozy. It’s like pure luxury.
I used a J (6.00mm) crochet hook that worked nicely. I prefer looser crochet stitches in general.
It is easy to work with. Frogging is a cinch.
Lastly, I love the smooth transitions of the color changes. Watch the video below where you can see it.
Here are the links to this yarn and the hooks I used:
Links to Desert Winds Scarf Pattern (Free)
Video Review of Premier Yarn “Candy Shop”
Thank you for viewing. Please subscribe for future yarn reviews, free pattern reviews, and new crochet and knit patterns!
Would love to hear from you in the comments below or on the Light and Joy Designs Facebook page.
Images of the Desert Winds Scarf in Candy Shop yarn: